View Full Version : New to this arcade thing lol

strata
04-01-2012, 08:54 PM
Probably most will have their own opinion, which one is the most solid lol. ibpro or v3?

Vittel
04-01-2012, 11:45 PM
Not surprisingly I go for v3 Arcade, not because I was part of its support setup (I did actually work on ibPro before MrZeopage took over the project and did most of the design work for skin_Arcade) but for me v3 Arcade has better features, maybe not admin side but for the end-users and they are the most important people on your site. It also looks better, uses code and templates native to vBulletin and allows for a greater catalogue of games to be used (v3a, IPB and Mochi).

One major problem I have with ibPro is how secure is actually is, every so often a patch version needs to be released because of vulnerabilities and I still think the code is essentially the same code that was used in the very beginning when it was first ported over and it is an ugly mess in some places. Also, I doubt there will ever be any new features for ibPro other than the ones Stangger creates here on Next Level Arcade.

However saying that, I would choose either of these two arcades before DBTech Arcade - I'm stunned that people are paying them up to $100 for their arcade when there are two better arcades available for free

strata
04-02-2012, 10:07 PM
I installed v3, pretty smooth, I didn't want to deal with the edits in ibpro, I only had to do one with v3.

stangger5
04-02-2012, 10:13 PM
I like them both...
I start off with v3arcade....
The main coder of it (John) went MIA years ago...So I changed to ibproarcade..
Its about the same with ibproarcade now with MrZ..

ibproarcade wasnt coded for vb and v3arcade was..

The coding for the newest v3arcade was done really well..

For the coding,,I`d go with v3arcade but I like a few more options with ibproarcade..

DBTech Arcade,,,I tried it,,,didnt like...NO way I would pay $100 for that..

strata
04-04-2012, 02:01 AM
Sorry to post this here, but have a few angry members on my forum lol. maybe someone can help out, considering I'm new lol

Many of my users are experiencing this when trying to save games. Seems most are IPB games. I am only using forum classic, not suite (CMS) at 4.1.11 so not sure the index.php edit should be an issue.

vBulletin Message
you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
1.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

User group perms seem fine.

Not sure what to check for now, as admin cant duplicate, with a test account as regged, could only duplicate when adding a comment, but perms are set to true.

Timeout is set for 15 minutes, had it set to 30, no difference.

?????

strata
04-05-2012, 01:58 AM
Got an answer it seems

Hippy
04-05-2012, 02:56 AM
Not surprisingly I go for v3 Arcade, not because I was part of its support setup (I did actually work on ibPro before MrZeopage took over the project and did most of the design work for skin_Arcade) but for me v3 Arcade has better features, maybe not admin side but for the end-users and they are the most important people on your site. It also looks better, uses code and templates native to vBulletin and allows for a greater catalogue of games to be used (v3a, IPB and Mochi).

One major problem I have with ibPro is how secure is actually is, every so often a patch version needs to be released because of vulnerabilities and I still think the code is essentially the same code that was used in the very beginning when it was first ported over and it is an ugly mess in some places. Also, I doubt there will ever be any new features for ibPro other than the ones Stangger creates here on Next Level Arcade.

However saying that, I would choose either of these two arcades before DBTech Arcade - I'm stunned that people are paying them up to $100 for their arcade when there are two better arcades available for free
no surprise here ;) you do a very fine job supporting it and the work behind the scene as far as DBTech I wouldn't use any mod of their except the first version of bookmark.. the next release was just to add there foot copyright crap and charge to get rid of it..
I wouldn't give any amount for all there mods.. let alone 100 for the arcade
got to hand it to them they are slick .. marketing the mods that are abandoned or popular
And let me add stangger5 is DaMan when it comes to ibpro ;) ( no he didn't pay me to say that )

I like them both...
I start off with v3arcade....
The main coder of it (John) went MIA years ago...So I changed to ibproarcade..
Its about the same with ibproarcade now with MrZ..

ibproarcade wasnt coded for vb and v3arcade was..

The coding for the newest v3arcade was done really well..

For the coding,,I`d go with v3arcade but I like a few more options with ibproarcade..

DBTech Arcade,,,I tried it,,,didnt like...NO way I would pay $100 for that..

I'm with stannger v3 is coded and integrates with vb perfect.. but the Mochi Games Stink and the ones I tested all have adds and the IPB games I would get to install and work but never get them to save score...never looked into it much because the main games would of been Mochi..anyway
Since day one ibproarcade I have liked and lots of work goes into it to keep it working and even looking like it belongs.. Just wish it was integrated more like v3..
the code is old school was never meant for vb like stangger said but I am a ibpro man all the way.. stylevars and templates would be great.

Sorry to post this here, but have a few angry members on my forum lol. maybe someone can help out, considering I'm new lol

Many of my users are experiencing this when trying to save games. Seems most are IPB games. I am only using forum classic, not suite (CMS) at 4.1.11 so not sure the index.php edit should be an issue.

vBulletin Message
you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
1.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

User group perms seem fine.

Not sure what to check for now, as admin cant duplicate, with a test account as regged, could only duplicate when adding a comment, but perms are set to true.

Timeout is set for 15 minutes, had it set to 30, no difference.

?????

see there is always something with any mod.. I am not sure but Vittel will know
and stangger as well..

echtarg
02-22-2013, 01:40 AM
me too also new