PDA

View Full Version : Crusted Roast mushrooms

arthur
12-26-2012, 04:38 AM

It is the ancestor of a little vacuum cooking, the meat is entered in the pan and then baked in juices sounds well enclosed in puff pastry crust.

Ingredients for 15 people:
1 large roast 2.7 kg
1 kg of mushroom Paris
5 shallots
1 bunch of chives
1 bunch of parsley
2 kg of puff pastry
1 egg yolk
60 g butter
3 c. in s. oil
Salt and pepper

Preparation:
Cut the roast into 2, remove all strings and bards, salt and pepper on all sides.
Heat 10g butter and 1 tsp. in s. oil in a skillet first song to enter the high heat on all sides. Book in a dish.
Practice in the same way with the other piece.
Wash and cut the mushrooms into medium pieces. Peel and chop the shallots.
Heat remaining butter and oil, add the shallots, melt 3 minutes then add the mushrooms.
Sauté everything for a good ten minutes, the mushrooms must have lost all their water.
Salt and pepper, turn off heat, salt and pepper and add the parsley and chives. Mix preparation and book.
Preheat oven to 240 °.
Cut the pastry into two and spread quite thinly into a rectangle much larger than the piece of roast beef. Place the piece of roast beef at its center, spread half of the dough mushrooms in an even layer. close the puff, return the package and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Add a tablespoon of warm water with egg yolk and brush the entire surface of the pastry.
Repeat the process with the second piece.
Bake for 25 minutes to get a good meat red in the center, after you set the time to desired doneness.
Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. I served it with roast potatoes au gratin with 15 to table it takes but a beefy vegetable gratin former could very well do the trick.

wildflower
04-21-2015, 07:10 AM
...ohhh that looks sooo yummy...will have to get my personal chef (daughter) to make that for me :D Thanks for the recipe :)