PDA

View Full Version : My favourite chicken stirfry recipe...

JustPlainWicked
09-21-2013, 06:40 PM
Simple and easy!

2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
2 tbsp. oil
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
2 stalks celery
2 medium carrots
1 medium onion
2 cups broccoli florets
2 cups mushrooms
1 - 8 oz can drained waterchestnuts
1 cup (or more, if you like a saucier stirfry) chicken broth
3 tbsp. cornstarch

Trim and slice chicken breast into thin slices or cubes. Heat oil in a nonstick pan over medium high heat and add the chicken when hot. Stir frequently.

Combine soy sauce, ground ginger and garlic powder in a small bowl. Mix well.

After chicken has cooked for about 5 minutes, add the soy sauce mixture and continue to cook until tender (3-4 minutes), breaking into bite size pieces with a wooden spoon.

While the chicken is cooking, chop celery, carrots, onion, broccoli and mushrooms. Add all the veggies to the pan, and the waterchestnuts. Stir and cook about 5 minutes.

While dish is cooking mix chicken broth with cornstarch until dissolved. Add to stirfry and stir continuously until thickened and veggies are tender, about 5 minutes.

Yield: 4 servings

feusty
10-15-2013, 04:51 AM
thank you I'll try

wildflower
04-19-2015, 11:02 PM
...being half Asian...we eat a lot of stirfry...this recipe sounds delicious...will have to get my daughter to cook this for me...I'm a disaster in the kitchen LOL

what?
06-01-2015, 03:37 AM
...being half Asian...we eat a lot of stirfry...this recipe sounds delicious...will have to get my daughter to cook this for me...I'm a disaster in the kitchen LOL

Your hair is a disaster too!! I'm dead!! Mom, I will cook you that stirfry!! You won't have to beg for it :3 Now I'm really dead :ambulance:

wildflower
06-05-2015, 10:06 PM
Your hair is a disaster too!! I'm dead!! Mom, I will cook you that stirfry!! You won't have to beg for it :3 Now I'm really dead :ambulance:

omg...ur dead...LOL