PDA

View Full Version : PHP Warnings When Rating Games

MarkFL
09-30-2016, 06:51 AM
Hello All!

I have installed ibProArcade on 3 sites now: my local dev site, and two live sites. On one of the live sites, on which I just installed the product today, I am getting the following PHP warnings when rating games:

Warning: Illegal string offset 'css_method' in ..../arcade/functions/functions.php on line 1438

Warning: Illegal string offset 'img_dir' in ..../arcade/functions/functions.php on line 1444

Warning: Illegal string offset 'css_text' in ..../arcade/functions/functions.php on line 1444

Warning: Illegal string offset 'macro_id' in ..../arcade/functions/functions.php on line 1449

Warning: Illegal string offset 'img_dir' in ..../arcade/functions/functions.php on line 1459

These seem to refer to the object $ibforums->skin in the function pop_up_window($title = 'Invision Power Board', $text = "" ) which begins on line 1430 in the file /arcade/functions/functions.php.

I did a search in the product thread at vBorg, and didn't find anything about it.

Now, the difference between the two sites with no rating issue and the site with the issue, is that on the site with this issue, I upgraded from v3arcade, running the script converter.php (after making the edits to that script suggested by stangger5 to bring it up to date).

Before I potentially spend a great deal of time trying to get to the bottom of these warnings, I thought it would be prudent to ask here in case someone knows how to address this issue.

edit: I tried replying to this thread, but got an error...anywho:

Another difference is that the site with the issue is vB 4.2.2 PL4 and so I added:

define('SKIP_ALL_ERRORS', true);

to /includes/config.php and that is masking the warnings for now. However, I would like to fix the issue instead. ;)

stangger5
09-30-2016, 05:01 PM
What PHP version ?

MarkFL
09-30-2016, 06:31 PM
What PHP version ?

On that site, we are using PHP Version 5.4.43 (vB 4.2.2 PL4). The other live site which does not experience this issue is using PHP Version 5.4.45 (vB 4.2.3).

stangger5
10-01-2016, 01:59 PM
That could be it.
I havent seen that error before.
I`ll look more into it when I get some free time.

MarkFL
10-01-2016, 03:20 PM
I appreciate it, and this issue isn't major as it's not keeping anything from working. :)